Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Air Shipment Received!

We received our air shipment last Thursday. YAY!

Turns out 500 lbs easily fits inside that one big box

We had a 500 lb allowance and sadly baby stuff took up 60% of it. I was terrified the baby would get here before our big shipment, and I was not about to start life in a foreign country with a new baby and not have the baby stuff. Lucy's stuff was probably another 25%, Travis had about 10%, and I got the remainder which included 4 laundry baskets, our kitchen trash can, and the hot pot. I think I only got the laundry baskets because they used them to pack other stuff in. I'm still not really sure how all that added up to 500 lbs, because I can really only account for about 350, but no one asked me.

Does this look like 500 lbs of stuff to you?

What I'm most excited about--The Kitchen Trash Can!

What I'm second most excited about--The Diaper Genie!

What Lucy is most excited about--Her new Elmo Potty. I wouldn't let her take it out of the box before we moved out of Houston.

Lucy's new throne

What Travis is most excited about--Our mattress topper. The mattresses here are insanely hard. We've been making due by layering the 5 comforters we found around the house. Not sure why there were so many, but we're glad they were there! Mom and dad--if you're in luck, the sea shipment with our tempurpedic for the guest bed will be here before you will. If not, we know how to layer comforters :)

One thing I learned was that packing tape leaves a really disgusting residue after sitting in 110 degree heat for several weeks.

Lucy has enjoyed having some of her old toys back. Specifically the blocks. Here's a couple more pictures of Lucy making sure our stuff is still in working order:

Testing out the bouncer for baby sissy

All the knobs still work, mom!
We're still looking forward to getting the rest of our shipment, this was a bit of a tease! But it is really nice to have a few things to make this feel more like home.

3 comments:

  1. So fun to read! Who wouldknow 500 lb. would go so fast! Glad you've got your baby things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks a lot bigger in that bouncer seat than the last time I saw her in it! I'm glad she still likes the Poppers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Curt and Michelle. Hope everything went well getting in and settled. Was there anything that totally surprised you guys / that you were not expecting? We are praying for you all and your girls.

    ReplyDelete