Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014, Murjan style!

I'm SO proud to announce, the winners, of the 2014 Murjan Village "cutest" costume contest, age group 0-3, went to my Doc and Lambie!

Unfortunately I didn't get a better picture with just the two of them...


It had been a busy several weeks leading up to Halloween with Lucy's birthday the week before and Ellie's just a few weeks before that. I was so proud of myself for planning ahead and procuring most of our Halloween costumes by the end of summer. Naturally we couldn't be anything other than the cast of characters from Doc McStuffins as there has been nothing that has brought Lucy greater joy than Doc in the last several months. Except for maybe watching Frozen...

We kicked off Halloween morning with me getting a little crafty and making these Nutella Banana Mummy Rolls


Unfortunately we forgot to take a picture after they baked, but they turned out really cute! They were super easy and we had all the ingredients in the house. I don't think Lucy was all that impressed but Ellie liked them!

The festivities started at 4:30 when we had some friends over to take pictures in our "pumpkin patch".

Yes, I was suckered into the $4/lb pumpkins again this year... can't argue with tradition!

Doc McLucy and her friends! Ellie was Lambie, I was Hallie Hippo, and Daddy was Chilly the Snowman (NOT OLAF!)
Doc, Lambie, a kitty, Si from Duck Dynasty, Super Girl and Bat Girl, and Anna and Elsa. Wow!

Most of them are at least looking at a camera, so we're going with it :)

The trick or treating started after the photo shoot. I think Lucy was interested in getting candy, but having to talk to new people for a second to get it wasn't her cup of tea.

Lucy getting some candy from Cha-Cha. Be impressed Ellie is still wearing her ears! 
Once Trick or Treating wasn't fun any more (for Lucy!) we went home to grab our cake for the compound Halloween party. The party planning committee did a fabulous job decorating and organizing food and games for the kids!

Decorations outside the rec center
The Game Room


Elise playing the "Pumpkin Poke" game. I helped make this!! 


Travis made the kitty litter cake. It was surprisingly realistic looking.

Ewwwwwww!!!!!

The girls enjoying their spoils after the party
3 days later and Lucy is still talking about her costume and the party, so I'd say Halloween was a success! It was by far the most effort I've ever put in to costumes (in my adult life), but we had so much fun I hope I can do it again next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment